Sunday, May 27, 2007

Being Adopted

The other week I was at a birthday party and someone asked me what it felt like having my own child coming from an adopted family. I thought that was a good question as I never thought about it before. I met my biological mother 8 years ago and have maintained a relationship with her and her family.

Having a child who is your flesh and blood and you can see yourself in him and think oh my he is mine, I think to myself what a selfless act my biological mom did giving me up. I couldn't see myself doing that.

I think it will have an effect on me as my family grows and they may have questions regarding it.

2 comments:

BusyMamma said...

Danielle,
i must commend you for becoming so close with your birth family. Rather than harbouring resentment and such for them you embraced and welcomed them into your life. It is quite amazing.
Also amazing is how open you are (and always have been) about having been adopted. I wonder if Nathanial will have many questions for you when he gets older...
Cheers,D
PS- wishing a happy 1st birthday to the big boy!!!

Unknown said...

Danielle,
Just popping by to see what you've been up to! Hope to read another one of your posts soon!
C