Monday, May 21, 2007

Thoughts on having a child

Well May is almost ending which means Nathanial is almost one. Where has the time gone.
He is walking, saying some words, crawling like a machine and getting into everything. He is so cute and the love of my life. Everyone says when you have a kid you will realize what love really means and how it feels to loves someone so much. I can totally see that with how I feel about my son. I have cried at times realizing that he is growing up..many times I don't want him to because I like him small. I look at some of the kids in the neighborhood or at the school I work at and I am thinking oh my goodness one day he will be that age.
I am not wishing his life away, If I could I would keep him small forever.

I don't really know what I am trying to say but it feels like this year has gone by so fast and everyone says each year they get older it goes by faster and slows down in the teen years. Sometimes I wonder if it could be the other way around.:)

2 comments:

Karen MEG said...

Wow, Nathanial's almost one! Time is flying by - how are you feeling?

"If I could I would keep him small forever."

We feel that way about our kids all the time. We're continually awestruck about the things they come out with, and as their personalities develop, it's hard to believe they were ever the little babies they were. The teen years should be a challenge - I'm scared already!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post, Danielle :) I can't believe how quickly time is flying! Nathanial's almost 1 already!!! Wow!

Anyway, hope all's well where you are :) Enjoy the rest of the long weekend.

Christine xo