Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A big mish mash.. may not make sense

Wow, it has been a while since I wrote on here, I don't really write much as I don't think many people read it, then again maybe I should write stuff to just get it out. Many times I look at friends blogs and wish I could be like them writing in them all the time and reaching out to the bloggers of the world. Then I think, I don't know how. Anyways, lately I have been thinking a lot about the past, this is due to young girl I work with who is going through the adolecent years and she has gone through a lot in the past few months, her best friend left the school and her boyfriend dumped her. Wow, I remember those teenage love days. They were the worst, you thought your life would be over and could never move on...and sure enough you did. I have been thinking a lot about a couple of past relationships and it makes me think of all kinds of different relationships I had in the past with friends and romantic ones.

There is one relationship that I still can't get over, there was never any closure, there is a lot of anger and resentment on my side and a lot of unanswered questions and when I asked some of these questions all of a sudden contact stopped. When there is a lot of hurt there its hard to let go I guess.

I think of friendships that ended but somehow always seemed to repair themselves, either through one of us letting go of out stubbornuss, through mutual friends and even through facebook.

Everyone you meet has a reason that there their, Good and for the bad. I told this to this young girl who listened to me as I blabbed all the stuff your suppossed to say and some of my own stories at the end she said she felt better and was happy knowing it happens to everyone. As she walked away, I thought to myself wait till your older and your relationships get more instense and those end....

2 comments:

Dee said...

letting go is often hard. I know !
also being able to talk or find out reasons behind things happening helps to heal wounds. Unfortunately this isn't always possible.
I am happy you were able to help your young student by sharing your experiences!
Those teenage years weren't all they're cracked up to be!!

Unknown said...

Danielle! I was so happy to see this post! I have to tell you that I read your blog!!!! I check it out in hopes that I'll find a new post! :)

I agree with Dina that letting go is hard to do. Remember when we were all living together? Oh, the romance, the drama...and more drama? It really is difficult to let go, especially with no closure. Sometimes there's a part of me that wonders about some of my exes too. Then I think, what's the point? There's a reason things didn't work out :)

I'll be in TO Mon-Tues for a whirlwind trip to Sick Kids. I'll try to call you and Dina to say hello. XOXO